A group of 15 people from the Singles group at Village Parkway Baptist came to Washington DC on Thursday. We spent Thursday and Friday with them touring the museums and monuments. On Saturday, Dan and I worked the 5K run/walk we helped organize, that our church puts on. On Saturday evening we met up with the Singles group at the airport to fly to Newark, NJ. On Sunday we went to Ellis Island, saw the Statue of Liberty, went to Time Square, and saw Curtains. Dan and I separated from the group for a little while to go see Ground Zero. After seeing Curtains, we said our goodbyes to the group, hopped on a train to the airport to fly back to DC. After we got our tickets, got to the gate and waited around until boarding time, they finally announced that our flight was cancelled. We went back to the hotel, had a good night's sleep and flew back home in the afternoon.
We had and wonderful time and it was great seeing everyone again and meeting a few new people. Here's a few pictures.
Ground Zero Construction
.


3 comments:
Oh I would have soooo loved to see all of you! I'm glad you all had fun.
Love,
Melissa
Hey Dandan & Lori!!! I was just updating my blog (you'll have to check it out!) and I read your comment. I can't believe it's been 5 months since I even checked my blog! I LOVE your pictures. The ones at the bottom of your site with the special effects are SOOO cool! How do you do that?
Wish Mike & I were "Singles" so we could have come to see you in DC. But you'll be coming here at some point, I'm sure. You can't be away too long from your precious little grandbaby. He's so adorable! We're praying for you guys w/re: to the Costa Rica move. Take care!
Love, Terri & Mike
Wow, how fun! Sure wish I could have been there with ya guys! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Miss you!
Post a Comment