Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

I was pondering the other day about Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays and after thinking about it I have a lot of favorite Holidays. Of course there are the many memories from the school plays to the trips to grandparents, the college years and the military years and now we have the Costa Rica years.

The kids writing their "thanks" on our tree.

Wow, how blessed I am for so many great memories, how blessed I am for the amazing experiences God has allowed in my life. This was the first of many Thanksgiving we plan on celebrating in our new home in Paso Marcos. I am thankful for the opportunity to open our house to four other families as we ate, sang, and shared a day’s worth of memories to be enjoyed for years to come.

One big thing we were thankful for was the protection of our house and electric line that runs from the road to our house. As our first guest got settled into the house we were moving to the deck when we heard the loud sound of a tree falling. We went out to investigate to find a huge limb had fallen on our electric line and was blocking the road up to our driveway.

Time of sharing and praise

I am thankful for the help of Dustin and Mark as we turned off the power to the house, cleared the tree from the line and then the tree from the road. As I was walking back up the driveway to our house another guest had come. I was thankful for the lift back up to the house. Those who have visited realize that our driveway is no easy feat to tackle.

Enjoying the wonderful meal

Our 15 pound turkey fed the 22 people we had over for lunch. What a blessed time we had while reflecting on the blessings of this last year. Sure we all missed home but we knew where are suppose to be, content in all the things God has given us. Amen





No comments: