I have been blessed to live in many beautiful places in the world. Usually, I could find the silver lining in the clouds no matter where I lived. Ok, dry hot Texas was a bit of a challenge but who can complain about the hill country. I even joked when I lived in New Jersey that it was the "promise land". Before retiring, I had dreamed living out west somewhere in a rural community enjoying God's amazing creation. Well, Costa Rica is not exactly out west but God's creation is certainly on display 24 hours a day.
One statement Lori hears several times a day, hey, come look at the clouds, or check out this view. There are many challenges living so far from home, so far from shopping centers, dealing with the heavy rains and mud, language barriers but finding the silver lining in the clouds here is very easy. Ps 19 says, the heavens declare the glory of God. How true that is.
Technically I have been told we do not live in a rain forest due to the actual amount of rain we recieve but we live in a cloud forest. A cloud forest is a very good description of our little piece of Costa Rica. At times we live in the clouds, above the clouds and there is never a day without clouds.
One early morning
Another cloudy morning, but who is complaining
Most of the time our view is "clouded" over, but not this day
Sunset in Paso Marcos

No comments:
Post a Comment